Menu
robj1969VM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very poor reliability and errors

Evening all,

Have had a really poor connection for the past few weeks on my 350M and an engineer came out last week following an outage.

Since the engineer visit it's a bit better but it's so eratic. Ive done a screen shot of the status from the superhub just look at the errors which range from 600 on the best channel channel to to over 10M on the worst and the variance in power outputs!

Getting very frustrated as working partly at home due to C19....

robj1969VM_0-1601333809726.png

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor reliability and errors

That is a dodgy cable joint or connection somewhere.

Take a look at all the cable connections from the Hub back out to the omnibus on the front wall and see if any are loose or in bad condition or any obvious cable damage. failing that it'll be another engineer visit I'm afraid. The signal to noise ratio is too low on a number of the channels which is what's causing all the errors - I have to say though, the Hub seems to be doing quite a good job of correcting them!

robj1969VM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The engineer looked at all the wiring from the router to the omnibus and then supposedly changed a few cables in the cabinet....

Fortunately Toob are installing their network in my postcode area within 12 months 900mb up and down and less than half the price of VM......

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi robj1969VM

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry for the delayed reply and also the issues you've had with the broadband. As a home worker myself, I can fully understand the need to get this sorted.

Having checked the account for you today, I can see that since posting, you've spoke to the team. We've booked a repull for you which will fix these issues that you're having.

Please do keep me posted if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill