forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
meleeblub
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Upload in the evening 0.3Mbs

Hello all

I wonder if somebody can lend their expertise. The past couple of days the upload speed on my 200meg connection has collapsed to 0.3 - 0.5 up.

Download seems fine and can stream movies etc OK. Obviously, such a slow upload does increase latency of website responses greatly. 

I have reset my router and am using a wired connection so wifi is not a variable.

Have been looking through various other threads and signed up for BQM as suggested to others. Please find my monitor below. I've also attached pics of my router stats if that helps. I'm no expert, but there is an increase in dropped packages at the time i start to experience slow upload.up.jpg

down.jpg

Fingers crossed that somebody from the community can assist!

Many thanks.

My Broadband Ping - VirginBroadband

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
meleeblub
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Upload in the evening 0.3Mbs

P.S forgot to add - this is E13 London area

0 Kudos
meleeblub
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

P.P.S I realised i posted a realtime live monitor above, so am reposting a fixed one-day period to give a better indication of my daily experience

My Broadband Ping - VirginBroadband

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your 4 upload streams should be all on 64 QAM, you have 2 at the wrong modulation (16 QAM). Try a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection. Hopefully this will force a better sync on the line. If it doesn't you will need an engineer to put this right. Best to ring VM after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, typically between 5-10 days, sometime sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
meleeblub
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice. Appreciate you taking the time to help.

0 Kudos
meleeblub
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Did a factory reset and unfortunately didn't have any luck with a resync.

But your advice gave me enough clout with the call centre to sound like I knew what I was talking about, to go straight to booking an engineer. They didn't even bother doing any basic diagnosis with me - no point 🙂

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nice one mate👍

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos