Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Upload Speeds (Still!)

Hi all,

I do have another thread in this forum but it is marked as answered and it is not so thought best to start a new one.  Details of previous thread here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Very-Slow-Upload-Speed/td-p/4182337

Another day of very poor speeds yesterday!!

My M100 service dropped to 2Mbps down and 0.4 up yesterday afternoon, it wasn't usable for working at all as the upload was to slow. Best I get upload at peak times is 1Mbps but that is rare. As of this morning my landline has stopped working as well!

Engineer has been out but no improvement. At off peak hours (5am) I get normal speeds so this suggest there isn't anything wrong with my Hub. My neighbours are reporting the same issues which also proves this.

If it wasn't for the pandemic I'd move to another supplier but it's unlikely I will be able to get it set up!

Can't call Virgin as the wait times are ridiculous, I now have no landline and when I have called I've been cut off twice after waiting for over an hour.

I'm not a one for complaining, but I'm paying for a service that for most of the day I can't use and I now have no landline either.

Is anyone from VM available to help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very Slow Upload Speeds (Still!)

Hi,

Please send me a PM with your account number and area ref and I can take a look for you.

Thanks, Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Upload Speeds (Still!)

If it’s the same issue you’re better off sticking to your original thread so all the information is there for historical reasons. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos