cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speed

IanGuest
Joining in

I have been experiencing very slow upload speeds for several weeks. Tests through your system keep mentioning there is an issue in the area.

After a test with Ookla, they are suggesting that my upload speed is 0.72 mbps and even more depressing is the download speed of 144.72 mbps.

IanGuest_2-1672753306067.png

Not great when my broadband package is M250 fibre broadband which should be seeing an average of 265 mbps download and an average upload speed of 25Mbps.

Please can you resolve this issue, otherwise I will need to invest in a pigeon as they are quicker.

Regards Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IanGuest, 

Thank you for your message on the thread. 

I am very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see your area is experiencing an outage related to SNR ( Signal to Noise Ratio).

The team are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. The current estimated repair time for this is the 16th January at 3pm. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @IanGuest, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the recent issues with the upload speeds.

I've looked into the local area and can see that an outage is present and is estimated to be fixed on 07/01/22 at 09:00.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will do all we can to have this resolved for all users.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good morning David

On Monday I called your support team to raise the issue. They mentioned that there is an issue in the Southampton area and that it will be fixed on Tuesday 10 January. But this morning, your Virgin Media super fast broadband is running very slow and the upload speed is down to 0.7 mbps.

From the beginning of December I have been experiencing very low speeds and the upload speed has reduced to the level I would expect from AOL dial-up.

The capacity is so low that I can't reliably work from home, conduct video calls, and undertake presentations. A number of cloud based systems are not accessible.

When will your broadband be fixed?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Historically VM have never given fix dates, rather estimated dates.  You should press for the Fault Reference as well, so you can chase it up on regular intervals.

Note VM will not send a technician for any issues whilst there is a fault on the system.

Setup a BQM in the meantime for your own records.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

VM residential contracts do not have any SLA's for work purposes, so consider getting a 30 day 4G/5G router in the meantime.  I believe Three do something along those lines.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IanGuest, 

Thank you for your message on the thread. 

I am very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see your area is experiencing an outage related to SNR ( Signal to Noise Ratio).

The team are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. The current estimated repair time for this is the 16th January at 3pm. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Nat