Menu
kenmaredw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Upload Speed

I am experiencing very slow upload speed 6Mbps. My 350 service was installed in late February having previously being with BT fibre (50Mbps/10Mbps). The main reason for moving to VM was it was a fibre to router connection which was offering a faster upload of 38Mbps and a DL speed of 300Mbps. The first issue was the wireless Hub 3 performance was very poor so I invested in a Mesh system to cover all areas of our house (BT Homehub would do that without a Mesh). I am using the Hub 3 in modem mode. I then cable connected my main computer, Apple TV and media PC. The download speed is now good in all areas of the house (between 200 and 250Mbps) but he upload is very slow 6Mbps. I have followed all the troubleshooting advice of the VM website and made several calls to VM customer service but no progress has been made with my problem. 

After reaching out on FB to VM I was advised to use this community to resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Upload Speed

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, kenmaredw

Sorry to hear that you have been having sow upload speeds, are you able to confirm if this is occurring on your wired connections when you put the hub in modem mode?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
kenmaredw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's all fixed now. Had a visit from an engineer on Thursday and the outcome was the cabinet in the street is old and needs refurbishing but they managed to move my connection into a better part of the board and I now have the correct speeds. However they did confirm that the cabinet will be refurbished in the next week or two.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, kenmaredw, 

Glad to hear the engineer was able to get things sorted for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos