Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow Speeds

Oh my goodness can someone please tell me how I access the live chat please, 5 hours on hold today so far and still nothing!

i have 200Mb and yet my download is barely hitting 15 and my upload isn’t even hitting 1, this is ridiculous I get there have been storms etc but been like this for a few weeks now and despite trying almost daily I can’t speak to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Speeds

How are you connecting Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How are you connecting Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

With respect, I would suggest that is probably not relevant.  Wifi is a fairly symmetrical technology, so if the download is 15 and the upload is 1, then that looks like a broadband issue - and it's as close as make no odds to the 10:1 ratio that VM's service usually operates at.

@Chrissy646 : If you can connect to the hub, when the login page comes up DON'T log in, but click on the link "Check Router Status".  That brings up a window with five tabs, can you copy and paste (as formatted text) the contents of the three tabs titled Downstream, Upstream and Network log.  Put those in three separate replies here, and we can look for signs of obvious problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Every day is a school day.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did wonder if the way I was connected was relevant lol

i have finally got through to virgin who did their usual checks and whilst on the phone I run a speed test that threw back 21 on download and 1.2 on upload, the lady seemed shocked and asked me to run again just to double check and it had dropped to 15 and 0.2 respectively so an engineer is coming to my house Friday between 4 and 7, never known virgin to get an engineer out so quickly! Also mentioned that the Wi-Fi signal drops in the bedrooms upstairs and she kindly offered me a booster at £5 per month, I respectfully declined and explained my house is of a modern build and therefore has paper walls not solid brick etc and therefore there should be no issues upstairs so she said to discuss this with the engineer aswell, hopefully they can sort it out. I will get the screen shots just now and send them aswell 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

B298BAE5-FB6A-468B-8F6E-7B2FEED15B47.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

4791B33A-809B-4B41-BC6D-33637F6EF91C.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

F08C51AD-7A12-456D-9F33-35444E6B5717.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's good that a technician is booked.

she kindly offered me a booster at £5 per month

£5 a month?   For a booster you could buy for thirty five quid outright? 

In twelve months, VM would have taken £60 off you, when a Tenda Nova MW3 mesh system can be had for sixty quid from Currys.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos