cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM350 SK5 Postcode slow speeds

interox
Joining in

Very slow speeds Stockport area. Normaly my connectio is bulletproof and has been for a good while now, I have had some minor some speed issues in the past. This last week though has been dire. I'm currently downloading at 9MB/s. Are there any know issues in my area? Ive done the reboot/power cycle several times but it's not fixed it.

Samknows indicates I'm at 80Mbps to my hub.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you check for any “known network faults” in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Another night same deal though I am seeing 13MB/s, albeit a small improvement. I've tried everything I can think of and all the fixes/checks suggested on here. Sadly I'm putting it down to VM's lack of provisioning/capacity in my area.

After digging around the forums and double checking things on my router I found I have the solid red light issue on my router. As it's sat downstairs so I rarely see it but now have taken notice of it after several reboots and connection checks I found the red light is on all the time.

Is this a potential overheating issues and could it be dangerous? I've tried to contact VM support to arrange an engineer visit but cannot seem to get past all the automated responses.

Can it be arranged from here by a VM rep?

Ive managed to book an engineer visit via whatsapp.

Hi interox, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the forums. It's great having you back posting. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with slow speeds and a red light on the hub. The first thing we need to do is get the red light issue sorted. Once that is sorted, we can then look at the slow speeds. 

As you've already done the usual checks, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi interox, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm you've been able to book an engineer's appointment already. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further assistance, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Faulty hub replaced. The red light on all the time is an overheating indicator. The engineer Jonny was happy to change it and he tweaked some signal settings slightly. I'm happy to report I have full speed via samknows speed test 384Mbps to the hub.