I've been told to post here by the social media team in the hope of getting an engineer booked for my issue
Last week I contacted support (I have a speech disability, so this was a somewhat painful process via Text Relay) and informed them of my issue...
I have M500 fibre, installed not long before xmas
Post Xmas, I started recording speed tests, and I'm regularly getting around 110 - 170MB DL - this is the case even when going to extremes -
Turn off wi fi
Use ethernet cable (1) only as direct connection to a laptop
(to my mind, the above eliminates any likelihood that my speed issues are down to device load on wifi/other ethernet connections)
I've also tried modem only mode on the VM router, connecting to a TP Link mesh (which, I might add, gives vastly superior wi fi coverage to the VM router)
So, armed with the above information, I contacted VM CS with the details, spent over 30 minutes on hold, followed by the diagnosis call.
At which point, the CS Operator agreed to place the line under investigation, as upon her tests, she couldn't see any errors (we made multiple speed tests whilst on the call, via both Chrome and Opera browsers, all coming out with speeds as detailed above p- much lower than the paid 500 or even the guaranteed speeds.
So, here I am, one week on from the call, the support reference in my account states it was passed to someone on 28/01, but I've heard nothing and I'm still sat here, paying for 500MB and getting a speed vastly lower.
I would welcome some official assistance to arrange an engineer investigation.