0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM as reliable as ever lol

Hello

If you doing a speedtest on a wireless connection this can vary as wireless is prone to interference from many sources, the best way of testing speed is too do a wired connection direct to the hub, the speedtest that VM recommend is www.speedtest.net.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband (wired) does not stay connected long enough to do a test, that's why I used Ofcom, they can test your connection using address.

Wired connection there is no Broadband at all coming into my house, therefore not possible as it's another area fault, site says fixed but mine isn't, VM tested & engineer booked, 

As I said... As reliable as ever. 

When contract is up I definitely changing as VM very slow to fix things, customer services send you from department to department, you respond to their letters when you have a dispute (active complaint) only to receive further letters to say you haven't responded so they closing your case. Horrible way they treat customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

So you are connected wirelessly to your Broadband hub, when you get these drop outs what happens to the Lights on the front of the hub ?

Have you done a https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status to see if there is any local issues.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Scroll up, was editing previous reply when you posted.

But no, not even wireless, had to use my mobile phone (4G) to get test done 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xaxxa,

Sorry to hear about your internet connection not performing as expected. I had a look at your details and could see that there was a local fault in your area and it was completed yesterday. Are you able to restart your Hub and see if it has improved since the fault was fixed?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes they fixed it after I booked a technician so cancelled the appointment, 

It's 1 week later & Internet is off again, when you phone them you just get message offices closed & it's about a week to get technician appointment, just how many issues are VM having when it takes so long to get a tech home visit, just shows & proves how unreliable the service is. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the ongoing issues Xaxxa. Checking things now there's no obvious wider issues and its been a few days since a reboot or diagnostics have been done, so I hope things have improved since your last post?

If not, please let us know so we can book a 2nd visit from a senior technician this time.

Tom

0 Kudos