Menu
enes808080
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM Wasting Theirs&Ours Time/Money/Resources

Dear Virgin Media,

Our speed problem has not been fixed yet since we first raised it 3 months ago.

I would like to point out few points which might help you SAVE A LOT OF MONEY and REPUTATION:

• You have an internal communication problem
    • In the first phone call with your expert, our problem was identified (it was to resolve a local issue in our region and nothing was wrong with our hub)
    • Yet, you kept sending technicians to our flat 3 TIMES
    • Those technicians all came up with the same results, yet you are sending now the 4th technician today
  • You are wasting your resources:
    • Technicians kept CHANGING our hub, cables and materials TWICE UNNECESSARILY
    • If you continue like that, every week we will have new boxes, wondering how much it cost to you, it must be free !
  • You are not addressing the source of the problem:
    • Technicians kept us telling that problem lies with the regional WM box, a new cable should be established between the regional box and our house
    • Yet, you kept sending the technicians and technicians without addressing the core of the problem

Lets come to our main question now: Will you continue sending the technicians and changing our equipment at home forever, or are you planning to improve your internal communication and address the real problem?

Please let us know the answer.

Best regards,

Enes

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Wasting Theirs&Ours Time/Money/Resources

Do you have a reference for the issue?

Rather than venting on a support section of the forum try using the chatter board instead. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will you continue sending the technicians and changing our equipment at home forever, or are you planning to improve your internal communication and address the real problem?

Whilst the free consultancy you have offered to VM could save them millions, and improve their reputation with customers, the evidence of these forums is that Virgin Media is a chaotic and dysfunctional organisation, with broken processes and faulty data flows, and a managerial culture of not taking responsibility (despite many competent UK staff who would like to help customers).  Senior management have spent years trying to merge with a UK mobile operator, and the current (planned) merger with O2 is on the back of a decade spent dancing around the corporate handbags with Vodafone.  That's where they spend their time - corporate self-satisfaction, rather than fixing their broken organisation, or gearing up to enable them to compete with Openreach's ever increasing FTTP footprint (14% of the UK on recent figures, and increasing at almost 1% a month).  During any interludes in those corporate merger games, VM's management simply focus on the short term, on expensive, shiney, yet often mendacious marketing campaigns, and on numbers like new sales, number of products per customer, or revenue per customer.  Customer satisfaction doesn't feature on their radar, nor does efficiency or quality management, although I guarantee there will be sporadic and ineffective "continuous improvement" fads that are much talked of, but never lived and breathed by the directors and their greasy acolytes.   

So, unless you can beat this message into Virgin Media's poor quality, disinterested management's heads with a blunt tool, then the culture that pervades all aspects of VM will remain untouched.  And therefore, they will keep wasting time, money and goodwill through a failure to learn, adapt and change.  Based on personal experience in similar companies, I'd guess that corporate strategy is vague and unrealistic, and senior management incentives are linked to the wrong things to drive real improvement.  Until VM has a chief executive who believes VM can ever be a true high quality operation, and who accepts that this will take five years to deliver, along with significant organisational cost (and plenty of pain, and more than a few management sackings), nothing will really change.  This is why last year VM's cable operation was laid past over half a million additional properties, yet the company saw total cable connections go down by 20,000 customers.  They have in effect been buying turnover to replace the customers they're losing through poor service and high costs - costs often driven by the huge amounts of rework where they simply won't do job properly. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi enes808080

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the service issues. I can see since posting, you've spoke to the team and there is a repull been booked in.

Let us know how this goes or if you need further help.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

''Whilst the free consultancy you have offered to VM could save them millions, and improve their reputation with customers, the evidence of these forums is that Virgin Media is a chaotic and dysfunctional organisation, with broken processes and faulty data flows, and a managerial culture of not taking responsibility (despite many competent UK staff who would like to help customers).  Senior management have spent years trying to merge with a UK mobile operator, and the current (planned) merger with O2 is on the back of a decade spent dancing around the corporate handbags with Vodafone.  That's where they spend their time - corporate self-satisfaction, rather than fixing their broken organisation, or gearing up to enable them to compete with Openreach's ever increasing FTTP footprint (14% of the UK on recent figures, and increasing at almost 1% a month).  During any interludes in those corporate merger games, VM's management simply focus on the short term, on expensive, shiney, yet often mendacious marketing campaigns, and on numbers like new sales, number of products per customer, or revenue per customer.  Customer satisfaction doesn't feature on their radar, nor does efficiency or quality management, although I guarantee there will be sporadic and ineffective "continuous improvement" fads that are much talked of, but never lived and breathed by the directors and their greasy acolytes.   

So, unless you can beat this message into Virgin Media's poor quality, disinterested management's heads with a blunt tool, then the culture that pervades all aspects of VM will remain untouched.  And therefore, they will keep wasting time, money and goodwill through a failure to learn, adapt and change.  Based on personal experience in similar companies, I'd guess that corporate strategy is vague and unrealistic, and senior management incentives are linked to the wrong things to drive real improvement.  Until VM has a chief executive who believes VM can ever be a true high quality operation, and who accepts that this will take five years to deliver, along with significant organisational cost (and plenty of pain, and more than a few management sackings), nothing will really change.  This is why last year VM's cable operation was laid past over half a million additional properties, yet the company saw total cable connections go down by 20,000 customers.  They have in effect been buying turnover to replace the customers they're losing through poor service and high costs - costs often driven by the huge amounts of rework where they simply won't do job properly. ''

100& correct, Top posting. Sadly, as we all well know, VM just does not care, and has absolutely NO interest in 'customer service' but basically the mantra seems to be:

''Grab as much as possible, for as long as possible, from as many as possible''  When that stops, dump the customer and find another to 'dupe' in the same way....:repeat: The customer has NO rights whatsoever, in any way, shape or form.....From the C.E.O down through the ranks, right down to the 'contract' staff, whose attitude mirrors that of the C.E.O....a total disregard for the people who are actually paying their vastly inflated salaries, and basically sticking two fingers up at them...

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The customer has NO rights whatsoever, in any way, shape or form.....From the C.E.O down through the ranks,

Not right down.  The UK based customer facing staff are great, and the field based staff do their best given some  unreasonable constraints by management, for example in "time per job".

right down to the 'contract' staff, 

Well, certainly given the grim customer experience when phoning Virgin Media, the offshore element of VM's service might as well be re-contracted to ZSL, or alternatively the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, but outsourcing doesn't always have to mean poor quality.   I've worked in similar businesses, and UK, US and sometimes South African call centre contracts can give amazing service - it all depends on what the company want to pay, the language skills, trust, high quality scripting and training.  Which all comes back to VM's senior management and their lack of customer-centricity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dmrhodes
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue for months. Had a re pull. Same issue. The re pull is a waste of your time and resources. 

0 Kudos