cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Latency Spikes

Shokii
Joining in

Hi,

I know ive seen a lot on the forums about this but has this actually ever been resolved. My VM internet has become unusable lately due to massive latency spikes. I cant play online games, teams and zoom calls cut out etc. VM sent out an engineer who checked the line and as his machine had green lights he told me it was an issue with my ethernet cable which was a load of rubbish as ive checked multiple and had the same issue. Im tearing my hair out with this can anyone assist ? Thanks

I set up a connection monitor to see whats happening. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it? 

What devices are connected to it on ethernet cables?

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?  If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or  network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shokii 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the broadband issue. You do need a tech visit as your downstream channels are either out of spec or close too.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill