cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Have You Done To My Speeds?

Wolfclaw
Superfast

Now sit down, no this isn't a complaint more of OMG moment.

Monday 13th March internet went down for about an hour in the morning, no big deal it happens but when you know when something isn't right with your network, so off for a speed test of my 1Gig service, directly from router with no other devices connected.

Wolfclaw_0-1678915362949.png

Yikes 105Mbps, that can't be right, so checked the Hub4

Wolfclaw_1-1678915449749.png

So yes an upgrade, pin reset of hub a couple of times just to make sure I didn't get a bad config, nope it's right.

So thank you VM a pleasant surprise, unless you take it back, now if only you would give me a Hub5 so that I can get the extra 200Mbps that is provisioned and will be a even more very happy customer. Pretty please with a lot of grovelling !!

------------------------------------------------
Gig1 Package
Hub v4 Modem Mode
Asus RT-AX86U
2.5G CAT 7 LAN
Windows Server 2022

My Broadband Ping - Wolfclaw-BBM1
7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Hero

This is the 2nd confirmed sighting of 110Mb/s up stream profile in about 1 week.

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Yay! Where are you in the world? Any of your neighbours on Gig1 reading this could probably do worse than reboot their hubs if they're still showing 50 up.

Eventually all the modems will be disconnected so they take the new configuration but if it's what's provisioned you can get it now with a reboot to force new configuration.

Only for areas with the 5 3.0 + 1 3.1 upstream channel. Not sure about the 6 * 3.0 channel RFoG areas. Might need another channel down the bottom.

Selling 110 on 150 capacity a bit risky but might be fine if there aren't many people on the RFoG segment so won't all be excluded. If the capacity is free the taps open. If the taps fill after opening much easier to split RFoG nodes and fix the problems or offload people from RFoG to the overlay XGSPON once it's available.

Symmetrical speeds on that. Yeah baby. 

North Tyneside

Gig1 Package
Hub v4 Modem Mode
Asus RT-AX86U
2.5G CAT 7 LAN
Windows Server 2022

Too good to last, after the service outage, upload bouncing all over the place, according to Speedtest from router, from mid 30Mbps to 60Mbps, but no where near the 105Mbps was getting pre-fault and yet VM status says only a TV issue in postcode, yet test the Hub, comes back as an "issue" in the area, but doesn't say why and yes have done the resets to ensure a clean config downloaded.

Wolfclaw_0-1680711694910.png

I personally believe the outage is still ongoing but VM have now decided to keep updates internal to avoid bad press and OFCOM looking too closely.

CityFibre close to rollout, will be jumping quicker than a Virgin Orbit investor !

Gig1 Package
Hub v4 Modem Mode
Asus RT-AX86U
2.5G CAT 7 LAN
Windows Server 2022

Hi Wolfclaw 👋 welcome back to community, thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you were affected by the recent outage, sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused by this! Having had a quick look for you there is no local outage listed. Sadly we are unable to check and information regarding speeds as you are currently running your hub in Modem mode. If you could please pop this into router mode for a few days if you are still having issues so we can offer further support. 

Let us know how you get on with any 3rd party equipment removed. (We must complete this to rule out the possibility there is an issue with this equipment, as we can't offer support on 3rd party equipment). Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

Channel 2 having a 16 QAM modulation so a noise problem seems more likely than the national outage being ongoing, not least because it was impacting connectivity completely, not speeds.

Ofcom are already very aware of the issue and were in contact with VM pretty promptly.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wolfclaw, thanks for the reply, 

How did it get on with what was suggested by Molly_T.

Have you now managed to remove the 3rd party equipment and if you are still having issues with the service. 

I can see that there is an outage - F010596773 to be resolved on the 13th April. 

Kind regards, Chris.