Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 speed problem

What do you get on the PC when you boot it into safe+networking mode and connect it by your Cat6 cable directly to the Hub (in Modem mode) using a different browser and test at speedtest.net to a VM server ?
IT should be 200+.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Okay did everything you said and used edge browser not google. This is the result I got. Still not as good as it was when installed.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink/image removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes - its also a little odd that upload is at ~8mbps and not 12. Would be worth posting up your Hub's stats again from the upstream & downstream pages of the settings.
I couldnt see them in your earlier post - looks like the Mods didnt approve them. Its better to cut and paste rather than screenshot them, as the Forum software should automagically strip out personal info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@druids57 OK, now that the hub has been restarted we need to see what the hub stats look like now.  As @jbrennand has said copying and pasting the figures is best as you keep posting screenshots that contain MAC and IP addresses which is against the forum rules, to protect your privacy, resulting in the mods removing them.

As I said on Friday, your previous stats had a downstream channel showing an unusually high number of Post RS errors. If your current hub stats (post reboot) show the same high number of errors are still occurring then that might explain your slow speeds and require a technician to visit and investigate.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Still No Joy if anything worse. Data from today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Network Log ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink/Image removed, Please upload any images ensuring all personal details are removed. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@druids57 wrote:

Okay did everything you said and used edge browser not google. This is the result I got. Still not as good as it was when installed.

The latest figures no longer show the large number of Post RS errors and all other figures appear to be normal.  If using a different browser and/or safe mode resulted in faster speeds then that does suggest that the issue might be with your equipment rather than VM's.

I just tried the http://internethealthtest.org/ speed test you were using earlier this week and got a speed of 57.58Mbps, probably in part because it insisted on a test via a server in Dublin, but the DSLReports test gives me:

So I'd avoid that test site as it doesn't seem very accurate to me and pointless without the option to pick a fairly local test server.

I appreciate your latest tests are from Speedtest.net but I'd be interested to see if a test on the DSLReports site is any different:  http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@druids57 Also posting your log via an external link without obscuring MAC addresses is still a breach of the forum rules.  You are displaying your personal information on a public forum.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have carried out the test on the site you sent. This is the link to the results

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/51600540

0 Kudos