Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 speed problem

I am having speed problem since upgrading to Vivid 200.  I have a hub 3 and when first connected had speeds over 200. Since beginning of June the speed has dropped, I have also tested at various times of day. Average is 150.

I have also checked the downstream results can anybody help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 speed problem

Virgin 3.jpgVirgin 2.jpgVirgin 1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi druids57,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear that you are not getting the full speed on your internet connection.

Is this on a wired or Wifi connection?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The PC is wired directly to the hub with CAT 6 cable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can you run the speedtest again over the cable connected to the Hub in modem mode.
If its still slow, can you do it again the same way with the PC booted into safe + networking mode.
Also worth trying different browsers (you dont normally use) as there are some reports where some browsers suddenly throttle speeds

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@druids57 The large number of Post RS errors on channel 7 might be a problem or it may be a historical buildup.  Has the hub been restarted recently?  If not then try restarting it and see if the Post RS errors start to increase rapidly over the next 24 hours.

If you could copy and paste the network log here it also might help, although it does get wiped by a restart.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This is my network log up to today

netwrok log.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Your network log image has been rejected by the mods to protect your privacy as it contains MAC addresses.  That was why I suggested copying and pasting it as the forum software will automatically remove IP and MAC addresses when the message is posted.

I have had a look at the log and I can see one RCS Partial Service error from 5 days ago, but none since then or before going back to the 28th of May so that looks like a one off.  The other errors look fairly run of the mill and unlikely to be causing a problem. 

So it appears the hub hasn't been restarted for at least a month, try restarting it and see if the downstream Post RS errors start to increase rapidly over the next 24 hours.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Restarted the hub and still having problems average speed is 109, I am paying for Vivid 200 but not getting it. Whether I try it in Modem or Router mode it is still the same. 

Speed test done today 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Network log 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink/Image removed, Please upload any images ensuring all personal details are removed. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos