Menu
skunky
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VERY SLOW broadband

My 350 broadband is downloading at 30 meg it is so slow the uploads are going faster.

This has been doing this for months it sometimes go's at the speed we pay for,only after 12:00 AM. I would say are broadband is going about 10 to 20% of the speed we pay for about 80% of the time. I have put post in before about the speed dropping every day from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM that has never been fixed but now it is almost always going super slow. I have have done everything i would have had been ask if i phoned in India. we have tried to phone virgin but it comes up saying its not there opening hours or some crap like that. This needs fixed or we are going to block the direct debit payments and phoning cisas because this is a joke we are paying almost £60:00 a month for broadband only and getting a connection that is worth about £20:00 if that.

Thanks

Ohh and yes i am wired and have unpugged everything bar my pc and the slow speed is on every device we own.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VERY SLOW broadband

Are you wired direct to the hub and not via a switch or powerline plug?

Cancelling your direct debit will lead to late payment markers visible on your credit history for 6 years.

Even in dispute you still need to pay your bills as agreed. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VERY SLOW broadband

The symptoms you describe sound as though they may be caused by "over-utilisation".  But before concluding that we'd need to see what's going on with your connection.  

Head over the Thinkbroadband and create an account and set up a Broadband Quality Monitor.  Let that run for 24 hours, then post a link to a shared snapshot chart (don't post an image, nor a link to the BQM chart you can see when logged in to Thinkbroadband as that's not shared), and we'll instantly be able to see what's going on. 

Then we can offer advice on your options, or suggest further lines of investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos