Menu
BrandonB96
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload speeds

Hi. I had a technician out this week to fix bad upload speeds and intermittent connection. Still having the same issues, ONLY when I live stream. I've explained so many times I do this for a living and I've been told it's "highest priority" and nothing has been done. I'm lost as to what I can do next. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speeds

I would hazard a guess that the problem is a local congestion fault (we can check if you set up a BQM as below), and whilst in some cases VM do invest to fix the problem, as a general rule, the chances of it being fixed soon are low to very, very low.

Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post that immediately.

If you're streaming for a living, then you really ought to have a backup connection anyway, regardless of the cause and fix time of the current VM problem - you don't need to tell me how much you make, but I'd suggest at any feasible level of liveable income, then as a business expense you can certainly afford an Openreach connection as well as VM.  For (say) £40 a month you could probably have an FTTP circa 66Mbps down 17 up connection from the ISP of your choice (hint, don't choose the cheapest).  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @BrandonB96 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your upload speed. 

Have you managed to set up a BQM? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BrandonB96
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8feeaad742090746af6cb3c381da79d1397bb870

Here's the link, the issue seems to be better now, 2 days after the engineer came out- but I'm not sure if it'll happen again so posting here just for reference! 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Leave the BQM running for a few days and we'll see.  Fingers crossed it is fixed and stays fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please do keep us up to date and let us know how things are going as and when you can. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BrandonB96
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both!

0 Kudos