cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds still not upgraded from 36Mbps to 52Mbps

stukey
Dialled in

I received the email from Virgin Media on 1st June about the upload speeds on my package (M500) being updated from 36Mbps to 52Mbps. I've rebooted my superhub at least 5 times since then but I'm still not receiving the enhanced upload speeds, as confirmed in the router status configuration page (Primary Upstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate). What can I do? Many thanks.

Note: I have powered-off the hub as indicated in the email (switch off, wait 10 seconds, switch back on).

11 REPLIES 11

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stukey, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Have you tried doing a factory reset, as oppose to a reboot, of the Hub? Advice on how to do so can be found here.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

stukey
Dialled in

Thanks @Daniel_Et. I have not tried to reset my hub. Do you really think that it is worth doing, as it’s quite a pain to do that (I use modern mode with my own router, which would revert if the hub is reset). It feels like the hub isn’t getting the updated config from Virgin Media to increase the upload speed. Maybe because Virgin hasn’t yet assigned me the updated upload speed. Can you check on your side if the config has been assigned to my account?

Hi @stukey, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Did this ever get resolved? I've got the same issue in Area 30.

Many reboots from both the VM Connect app, and also power cycling the Hub 3.

Max traffic rate for upload still configured to 38520000

Client62
Legend

Services delivered via RFoG will come at the latter part of the upload upgrade program, does that apply ?   

Not resolved for me. They had me reset my superhub and revert to router mode (I use modem mode with my own router) but it made no difference. I was told to contact customer services via phone, but I’ve not done that yet. Got to build-up to having that conversation! 😄

nick97
Tuning in

Not an RFoG customer, had also tried factory resetting the Hub 3 as suggested but made no difference other than loss of time setting the network up again.

On other forum posts I've seen engineers getting sent to the property to no avail.

Live chat also no help, you think it would be a simple answer to say if its been applied to our accounts/areas yet even though I received the email on 1st June.

Guess its just a waiting game 🙃

Hi @stukey thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear your upload speeds still have not upgraded. I'd love to take a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @nick97 thanks for getting back to us.
Sorry to hear your upload speeds still have not upgraded. I'd love to take a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.
Regards
Lee_R