Menu
Djamberd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Upload speeds low for weeks now!

I rely on a decent upload speed for my Livestreaming channel which is my main source of income. 

These upload speed issues are preventing me from working and I will be looking to leave Virgin at the best and sue for damages if it carries on, at the worst outcome.

When is this ongoing issue going to be fixed? I'm in Doncaster area 14.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speeds low for weeks now!

Stick to your original thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Ridiculous-Upload-Speeds/td-p/4291951

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Djamberd
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's not my post.  I commented on it.  This is my original thread.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Suggest you post the hub's status data for Downstream, Upstream, Network log, and also set up a BQM.  Post a link to a shared, live graph, although it'll usually take 24 hours to build a good picture of your connection quality.

A couple of thoughts:

Assuming you've got a standard VM residential contract you won't be suing VM for loss of earnings, as that's precluded by the contract you agreed to, and specifically para D8 of the T&Cs.  If you want that sort of protection you need a business contract that includes both SLAs and consequential loss guarantees which will probably be very pricey.   

And if you rely on this for income, have you not considered a "failover" arrangement with a backup Openreach ISP connection?  That'd cost around £30 a month plus the cost of a router that will provide failover capability; if you're making more than peanuts having a working backup is the only sensible option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Djamberd
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You're right, you are assuming.

I will speak to a virgin media employee, but thanks very much for your advice.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Djamberd wrote:

You're right, you are assuming.

If the assumption is wrong and you do have VM business broadband then the staff here will not be able to help.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Djamberd wrote:

That's not my post.  I commented on it.  This is my original thread.

Apologies - my bad.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Djamberd
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No worries.  I appreciate your assistance.

I really could do with getting an engineer round to solve this before it impacts my life further.  I can't be away from streaming for much longer as right now it's all I have to earn money.  This is affecting my mental health x

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Djamberd
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I want to talk to a virgin employee please. You are not helping my situation.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Djamberd,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection. I have been able to look into your account and can see that there is an SNR fault in your area at the moment, which will be the cause of your issues with upload speed. We are working as hard as we can to fix this, however due to the complexities of the issue its taking us a little longer than normal.

The fault is currently estimated to be fixed on Friday 11th @ 9am. Unfortunately we cannot assist any further with your connection until the area fault has been resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos