Menu
Woodsyman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upload speeds are affecting work. As low as 0.2mbps

Woodsyman_0-1613993441831.png

Hi, 

I do sales video calls from home and this very low upload speed is affecting my job as my customers are telling me that I am breaking up. I am not using wifi, this is a wired connection.

As an M100 customer this is very frustrating and not what I am paying for. I understand that you never get what is advertised, but I think there is a lower limit, no?

I have called support and VM have remotely restarted the router. I have also done this a number of times. I can't get through to a human (which is ridiculous) to request an engineer or whatever.

Is this an issue? 

Woodsyman_0-1613993883302.png

Please help. I have an important online presentation to do tomorrow and this is going to ruin it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
seanr1
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speeds are affecting work. As low as 0.2mbps

Sorry to hear that - glad its not just me.  We are also getting 0.27 mbps upload today.  Ruined a presentation to my biggest client this morning.  Hope you get an answer....

0 Kudos
Woodsyman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm in north Hampshire, where are you?

0 Kudos
Woodsyman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So it has been 2 days and the issue is persistent. I have found that if I disconnect and rejoin then I get good speeds for a few minutes, then it goes back to almost unusable. As there is no way to submit a "ticket" for assistance, and I can't get past the robot onthe phone I was hoping that I might get some response from a Virgin employee here. Does that not happen?
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your upload steams should all be on 64 QAM and the power levels on your upload stream are a bit low. Check service status  and also call 0800 561 0061 for most up to date faults information in your area 🙂

Also, have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos