Menu
PhilAndSam
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed slower than expected

I have M200 Broadland which gives me great download speeds as advertised. The upload advertised speeds are 20mbps, but I only get an average of 5mbps. Is this typical or can I do something about it? 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upload speed slower than expected

That's not typical.  When its working, your connection should be consistently giving you your full upload and download speeds.

If you're seeing fluctuating and slow upload speeds, then chances are that it is a noise or power problem that may be apparent in the Hub's status page.  If you see generally consistent but slow speeds, a rarer but still possible issue is that your upload configuration has been incorrectly set - that'll be visible in the hub;s status page.  Look at the tab titled Configuration, scroll down Primary Upstream Traffic Flow, and the value for Max Traffic rate should be 22000061.  If it showing something like 54000061 (or any value materially different from 22000061) then it'll need VM to correct that, but it is the sort of thing that you might get lucky with the text communication service that's currently operating.

On the assumption that the Max Traffic rate is correctly set, then you can simply wait for the forum staff to pick up this post and advise on next steps (may take a few days), if you're feeling enthusiastic you could go back to the hub status page, and copy and paste in a reply here the contents of the three tabs titled Downstream, Upstream and Network log.  That'll enable us community amateurs to see if we can spot any obvious issues, although if there are then it'll still need VM to fix them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos