cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed not upgraded

alekx27
Joining in

Hi,

I have a M500 Fibre Broadband and my upload speeds should be boosted from 36Mbps to 52Mbps.

I have rebooted my hub but the speedtest shows 36Mbps.

What I need to do to get upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Sandor

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You will be emailed when it is available. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I've received an email about it 4 days ago.

Fruitbat04
Joining in

Same here. Email received 1st June but no speed increase after daily reboots.

nick97
Tuning in

Same here, received email 1st June. No change after many reboots. Area 30

Hey @alekx27, @Fruitbat04, @nick97,

Thanks all for reaching out to us here on the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are all experiencing this issue with your Upload speeds, these are being rolled out across our network (note any pending network upgrading happening to your area may cause the upgrade to be delayed). Please make sure when rebooting the Hub you have followed the steps below:

Leave all cables in the Hub and have it remained plugged in.
Turn off the Hub via the switch on the back of the Hub.
Await 10-15 seconds and switch Hub back on.
Light will come on and perform reboot, can take up to 5 minutes to complete.

Alternatively, you can perform the reboot by using the Virgin Media Connect app which you can download here.

Let me know how this goes or if you have already done both of these options.

Joe

Hi Joe,

All steps have been followed, have also tried rebooting via the connect app many times. Even tried restoring the Hub 3 to factory settings to see if that would force the upgrade.

I'm assuming the Hub 3 is capable of receiving the upload speed boost?

Max upstream traffic rate remains at 38520000.

Max downstream traffic rate 575000000 as expected.

Thanks

Yes same here. I have factory reset, switch back and forth between modem mode. If I check the web admin on the modem, I'm also still at 38520000

Which indicates that VM haven’t yet pushed the new configuration profile out to your hub, as far as it is concerned you are only entitled to 38 Mb/s upload, and until this is changed, that’s the fastest the hub will connect at.

It is quite possible that the VM marketing department have simply ‘jumped the gun’ and announced something as available before it technically is. 

Still not have an email for my free speed upgrade? When will i get one here i wales?