Menu
DCF80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed issues during working hours

I am experiencing continuous issues with the upload speed on my M100 package which is causing dropped calls on Microsoft Teams. The download speed has been fairly stable, but when I run speed tests during the day I will typically get 100Mbps down and only 0.5Mbps up. In the evenings this will jump back up to around 10Mbps up.

I've run the online test and it states there are no issues in my area or with my Hub 3.0 device. These are the stats from the router are attached below. 

Is this likely to be an issue with my router/cabling, a capacity issue in my area or something else? 

Any suggestions would be great.

upstream.PNGstatus.PNGdownstreambonded.PNGdownstreambonded2.PNG

audetto74
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed issues during working hours

Many people are facing the exact same issue as yours.

If you find a way to have a meaningful conversation with VM, please let us know. I have failed over and over on this topic.

DCF80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll add any progress to this thread. I set up a thinkbroadband monitor and it looks pretty bad up until about 10:00pm.

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media Connection

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your line shows over utilisation. You can ring Virgin about this with maybe a fix date for the future but to be honest I wouldn’t hold my breath as they have a tendency to apply fix dates only to keep moving them forward and then ending up with nothing being done for months/years

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
DCF80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It may have been a coincidence but after logging a complaint our line seems to be much better! Following the complaint, we lost connection a number of times over the day. Since then it has been much better and I am no longer getting dropped calls on Teams.

This was the situation before:

It's now been like this for the past 3 days:

I'm in area ref 20.

0 Kudos