Menu
bluetac
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed issue B97

All morning my upload speed has been dire, i am on the vivid 350 and until now it has been perfect, I have gone through my network looking at logs etc but cant find the issue, I have ran speed tests from different devices and rebooted my hub 3 (in modem mode) and my ASUS RT-AC87U router to no avail.

I am the only one in the house and I have even taken my server off line to exclude it. 
There is no device leaching the internet 

Now I am no novice when it comes to IT so I have done the usual 
You online checks find nothing but  clearly there is something wrong

bluetac_0-1619099847834.png

bluetac_1-1619099911408.pngbluetac_2-1619099930950.png

bluetac_3-1619099984740.png

bluetac_4-1619100014310.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed issue B97

2 of your upload streams are on the wrong modulation.

Have you tried the Hub in router mode with a cable direct to the Hub with a Cat 5e or better cable and a 1Gbps or better network card on a PC or Laptop, if anything to rule out the Asus being the problem?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bluetac

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the upload issues. 

I've ran a check here today and can see when you originally posted, there was an outage that has subsequently been fixed. 

Please do let me know if you're still having issues and I can run further tests.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bluetac
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does appear to be fixed now, it was not fully fixed until yesterday. as once the upload was rectified the download speed dropped to 100 meg, we are however back where we should be again now though.

bluetac_0-1619424514026.png

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am glad it seems fixed for you, do keep us posted should you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

bluetac
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spoke toooooooooo soon ,not entirely sure what is going on in my area but this is what i has been like for the last couple of days

bluetac_0-1619887405467.png

Speedtest.net and google speedtest give the same results, i have rebooted your SH3, running in modem mode and my router , no joy.
I have cleaned and reseated the F type connectors and used contact cleaner on them too just in case.
But no joy

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues again bluetac. Checking things over from here I'm unable to detect any obvious issues everything appears to be OK. 

I understand you're using the hub in modem mode - have you been able to test the connection in router mode without the 3rd party router included in the setup so we can rule out any issues there?

It would also be helpful if you can post up your hub/connection logs (and fresh BQM data) so we can check to see if there is a problem there. Please avoid screen-caps, use the method below:

In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. When the page loads don't log in but click ‘Check Router Status’.. Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages and paste them here. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

Tom 

0 Kudos