cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed increase not applied

Nick0810
Tuning in

I'm on gig1 and have rebooted my hub several times but my upload speed hasn't increased. I tried explaining this to the call centre but they didn't seam to understand so booked an engineer visit. 

Luckily my appointment was today after the storms knocked out the broadband so he was able to replace the router to get us back online and told my wife the speed increase had been applied. I have checked this evening and still only get 54mbps on wired connection and I'm showing as having 4 docsis3.0 upload channels and no 3.1. Am I right in thinking I need a 5th 3.1 channel to get the upload speed increase?

11 REPLIES 11

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Nick0810 wrote:

I'm on gig1 and have rebooted my hub several times but my upload speed hasn't increased. I tried explaining this to the call centre but they didn't seam to understand so booked an engineer visit. 

Luckily my appointment was today after the storms knocked out the broadband so he was able to replace the router to get us back online and told my wife the speed increase had been applied. I have checked this evening and still only get 54mbps on wired connection and I'm showing as having 4 docsis3.0 upload channels and no 3.1. Am I right in thinking I need a 5th 3.1 channel to get the upload speed increase?

From what I've seen in other threads yes, you are right.

Nick0810
Tuning in

Does anyone know if the docsis3.1 upload channel can be enabled remotely as the call centre has advised they are doing it and I should have the increase within two hours. 

They can't do it, no. They just blagged you. 

I'm now being told docsis3.1 is just for landline. Has anyone managed to get the upload speed increase if they don't have the 5th upload connection?

locky1
Dialled in

They are useless and dont know what they are talking about at all. I have the same issue... 

torrent82
Tuning in

I have the same issue on M500. I'm supposed to get 50Mbps upload instead I'm getting 36.9 maximum.

Phone support tried to gaslight me making me sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about, I then put in a formal complaint but their response was "the account states no issue with your broadband service that could be causing the fault as the outage communicator could not detect the actual problem"...they're looking for a fault or an outage when there isn't one...

They then sent me a text survey and when i marked it as 0 out of 10 or whatever they called me back and said they'll book an engineer. I'm not surprised if the engineer is gonna just change my Hub 3 for a Hub 4 and call it a day meanwhile I'll still get no upload speed update.

I need to mention they e-mailed me on June 1st saying that I got an upload speed upgrade and that all I have to do is reboot my hub...so I'm not just trying to get an upload bump when I'm not yet eligible...

I'm just so tired with the lack of knowledge that this support staff is proving to be...just escalate it to a higher tier and stop making us all look like we're dumb when we seem to know more than they do

Nick0810
Tuning in

I wonder if anyone who didn't get thespeed increase automatically has managed to get it? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nick0810, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the recent upgrade with upload speeds. How are things looking at the moment - are things still the same? I did just want to confirm also if possible what device is being used to do the speed test? The only reason I ask is that some people refer to speed tests from gaming consoles - which are not reliable in confirming the correct results etc. I am not saying it's the case here - I just wanted to double check. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes I still only have 50mbps upload. I've checked on my laptop with a wired connection.