Menu
Rennestuart
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed dropped to under 2Mb

I’ve run service tests on my router and It shows as ok however speed test shows my upload speed is sub 2Mb now. This used to be around 8Mb. I’m currently working from home and trying to have teams calls where I can see and hear everyone fine but they struggle to hear me. Have Virgin permanently reduced our upload speed? Are any other providers any better at the minute?

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed dropped to under 2Mb

Welcome to the club!

I think 2MB is pretty good, I've been downgraded to 0.8!

0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm down to between 1-2 upload and meant to be on 20. Been like that for over a week. Status says broadband fine then when I run the virgin test it says they are aware of issue in the area. Again for over a week with no estimated time for fix. Why does status show as fine in this case? No form to fill in to register issue either as this has been a week it's normally when they would be offering a discount. But they ask us not to ring unless urgent.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

See here for the compensation which would normally be for total loss of service https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation and currently the compensation scheme has been suspended.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos