Menu
Aerobar
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Upload slow

I have had slow incredibly slow speed for 4 weeks, I just had a tech in to fix the issue, they replaced the hub and said it was fine, its not. 

I'm trying to stream, before the tech came in it dropped to 32kbs at one point, I stream at 6000, 

After he "fixed" it it will still drop to 800 occasionally but average at 2500 

I am supposed to have 20,000.

I'm getting really frustrated, I tweeted about it and they sent me here. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload slow

What are you streaming on what device and is that over wifi or an ethernet cable connection?

If wifi, what do you get if you test on ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Aerobar
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I stream on a pc through ethernet through a second hub as a repeater/access point. 

I have also tested the stream directly through ethernet, and I also have an application on my phone that test uploads consistent speed. 

All test point towards upload dropping to 300kbs at times. 

This is an image of my latest tests using the app, the app is not faulty or recording wrong as my stream test also shows this data.

Screenshot_20210430-140606.jpg

@jbrennand wrote:
What are you streaming on what device and is that over wifi or an ethernet cable connection?

If wifi, what do you get if you test on ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Aerobar,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connections issues with your broadband. I've run some remote diagnostics on your connections, and it does indicate that you are currently being affected by a local area faultfor SNR issues ref#F008987605  and we are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. The current ETA fix time is 11 MAY 2021 09:00. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Aerobar
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This issue you speak of, is that directly effecting upload? 

I had a look at "service status" and it mentioned the tivo, I wasn't sure if this was the issue, as it stqted no issues found for broadband

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It will affect both unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
kenmaredw
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue since February, upload is averaging 6Mbps. I’m on the 350Mbps package. I have had zero help from Virgin Media. Would I be able to cancel my contract with them without loss?

The customer service is very poor, I keep getting fobbed off and told it will be fixed in 24hrs and we tried to call you but couldn’t reach you.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi kenmaredw,

Welcome to our community an thanks for posting. We do apologise for any disruption and inconvenience caused due to this issue. 

Remotely checking from our end with the details provided from your community profile we have located your account and can see you are being affected by a performance issue.

Our automated systems has identified an issue which is affecting multiple customers in your area. This is likely to cause connectivity and performance issues. Our engineering teams have been automatically notified of the issue and will investigate and fix the issue as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we do not have an estimated fix time currently for this. I have raised a fault ticket on your account so we are aware you are being affected by this issue.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
kenmaredw
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jodi.
I hope they get this soon!
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're most welcome kenmaredw.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Jodi.

0 Kudos