Menu
richhand
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload great Download poor

Upload 56Mbps and download 10Mbps on the basic package. Virgin state there is nothing wrong with the connection. If I upgrade will the download speed improve or is it likely there is a fault somewhere? I was receiving 25Mbps download last year! 

0 Kudos
richhand
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload great Download poor

As someone stated on another thread, if the advert states up to 108Mbps then it is unreasonable and misleading to only receive 10Mbps. To stick up for Virgin though, it's been years since they lost their moral integrity 😐

0 Kudos
toptone
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been with VM for years and it’s always been that way. Trouble is there is no one else offering this level of service and, overall, it has been reliable although speed, mostly download, has been very variable. That said there are a lot of devices in this house using the internet and I’m not sure what impact that has on the speed each device actually sees. Any answers?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi richhand,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your download speeds. 

Can you confirm if you're using a wired or wireless connection?

Have you rebooted the hub recently?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
richhand1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, it's wireless and the hub has been rebooted. I've just posted the logs on a more recent thread I created
0 Kudos
richhand1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @richhand1

I have replied to you on another forum, please do and try and stick to one thread just to prevent any confusion. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos