cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload - Stuck on 50 Mb

Speedy80
Joining in

Hi, I have been on 1Gb for about a year (M500 + Gig1 Volt) but have never got about the mid 40Mb for my upload speed. My download speed seem to be fine.

I can see from my status, I do not have a 3.1 Channel for Upstream - Is that why ? If so, what is the quickest way to get it fixed, I have tried calling but it just points to  some self help SMS and puts the phone down !

In Network log I do get occupational errors:

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5;

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Speedy80
Joining in

V4.pngV3.pngV2.pngV1.png

Update, I have just tried again (Sunday Morning). Multiple speed tests (with a ping of c. 25ms to nearest server. Speedtest.net)

I am now getting downloads of up to 850Mb and uploads of up to 62Mb. So I guess my upload upgrade has been actived. I guess because its Sunday morning, the speeds are at their fastest.

Even so, a max upload of 64Mb is not great. Missing 3.1 Upload the culprit ?

Looks like your area has a sixth upstream channel to make up for the fact there is no DOCSIS 3.1 upstream channel.

Technically you should be able to see 100Mbps upload with six channels.

Can you try the below site:

https://proof.ovh.net/

Hi,

I can only test on WiFi atm but that should be fine for testing upload.

I tried a few times on the link above, my upload always maxxed out at between 58-60MB. Downloads were 569-600Mb

Its the same on wired ethernet. Average is around 55Mb upload

Hi Speedy80,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your upload speeds, has anything changed since your last post.

Did you follow the advice from our valued member @carl_pearce, has this helped at all.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi,

yes I did follow the advice above from Carl - my replies are above.  I'm still stuck on 50-60Mb Upload. Can someone please help ?

Thanks

Thank you for popping back to us @Speedy80 

I can see the Hub is currently in modem mode so we are not able to run full checks from our side, would you be able to switch this over for me to router mode so we can check?

smithy01793
On our wavelength

Hay so i am on 1gig connection as well my DL seems Fine however most of the speed testing sites show my upload to be shocking around 40meg, Network log.png

uploasd info.png

Also my Jitter seems high around 25., Also my ping is sitting aroun 35ish ,

My previous service Another provider i was on a 900meg connection and getting a ping of 9ms is there a reasion for this to be so high.

Also i would like my upload to be sorted as well, 

on another quick one my farmwear version is showing as an old one.

I have done a reboot also done a power cycle as well, I am running it a 2.5gig port as well. Using Cat7 cable

Regards Tom