Menu
Tayluur82
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Upload Speeds

Recently upgraded to the 350 mbps Internet but having that amount is only sometimes useful. I need my upload speed higher as I work from home and need to connect to a server. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload Speeds

350 has an upload speed of 36 Mbps
0 Kudos
Vani935
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's what they claim, I have 500M and yet my upload speed is 2mbps and it's been like this for ages now

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Tayluur82,

Sorry to hear of the issues with your upload speed that you're having at the moment.

I have looked into your account and cannot see any issues that would be causing these issues. How is your connection running at the moment?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Vani935 wrote:

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Tayluur82 wrote:

Recently upgraded to the 350 mbps Internet but having that amount is only sometimes useful. I need my upload speed higher as I work from home and need to connect to a server. 

What is your actual Upload speed ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Tayluur82
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's running about 40 mbps at present. But for me to constantly upload to my work server I need more

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Tayluur82 wrote:

It's running about 40 mbps at present. But for me to constantly upload to my work server I need more

You can't, unless you upgrade to 1Gbps and even then you only get a small bump in upload speed (36Mbps to 52Mbps):

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds 

Depending on your area if Vodafone is available they offer symmetrical download/upload upto 900Mbps:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals/gigafast?cid=aff-wvm/mltprd/_1403995_/prch/5.18/pid=41503... 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

that is the max you'll get

52 Mbps on the gig1

M600 is 41mbps

0 Kudos