Menu
mhwhippet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upload Speeds unuseable

Hi guys, I'm sure I am not the first to post about this. I am working at home, remotely operating a machine in Glasgow. For my job I need both solid upload and download speeds. I upgraded from the 100MBps package to the 350MBps purely for the increase in upload speeds. I'm a film editor, so any lag at all makes me unable to work. 

Under the old package I was consistently stuck between 2-10MBps Upload and on the new package, it has not improved. Download speeds are great and are not the issue. 

I am wired to a Hub 3.0 via an ethernet cable. I'm computer literate and have been through all the troubleshooting, hard resets, firmware upgrades, all of it. I've spoken to customer service who told me that a couple of months ago there were engineers in the area doing works, so they wouldn't send out an engineer to see me.

I've told them that our Hub was in the room through a couple of months heavy building work and could be filled with dust and faulty but they have refused to send me a new one.

All I need is a minimum of 10-15MBps upload speed consistenly. I have no idea where to turn and I am Vacillating between feeling helpless and murderous. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark x

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mhwhippet
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upload Speeds unuseable

Screenshot_20210119_103341.jpg

0 Kudos
mhwhippet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Here's my BQM graph.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cbf549be3c1e2cb47be53d39c243a0867f6fb7bf

0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That BQM already looks a bit wild.

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos
mhwhippet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for looking. 

This stuff is beyond my technical knowledge, what would you suggest as a next step, given my inability to get Virgin to help me through any regular channels? 

0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would say it needs Virgin input as to weather there are local issues to you.

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos
mhwhippet
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any idea how to make that happen on here, with expertise, or willingness to get an engineer out? Live chat and customer service have been dead ends on multiple occasions. I feel completely powerless and my work is suffering because of this issue. 

0 Kudos