cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Inconsistency and Dropped frames

Squibz
Tuning in

I am using the M200 package and generally my experience has been positive, however recently I have been encountering a recurring issue when attempting to stream to Twitch resulting in repeated crashing of upload speeds from 6000kbps to almost zero, then spiking back up, etc. This results in dropped frames and at times this is averaging around 30% dropped frames, so I am unable to continue streaming. I have tried swapping cables, rebooting the router and other devices, etc. None of this helps while it is happening, and it's important to note that I was able to stream before perfectly on the same setup and no change has occurred on my end. I am in the NR2 postcode, if this helps. 

The automated help system wants to reset my router because I've disabled WiFi, however I have the WiFi disabled on the router for a reason (I use a separate mesh WiFi system for my WiFi) so I don't want to do that. I've worked in IT for 20+ years so I know it's not anything I'm doing wrong. Outside of the streaming issue, the connection is fine and I can accomplish all of my other use cases just fine. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

23 REPLIES 23

Yeah, so theres a lot of upload problems right now... myself included.

Hey Squibz, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look from our side and I can't see any major problems, however I can see there was an area outage last week.

However this has now been fixed, has the connection improved since then? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Squibz
Tuning in

Just an update to say that I'm having more problems than ever, and it's starting to impact simple things like video call in the middle of the day. I'm seriously thinking of switching providers.

Hey @Squibz,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you, do any outages show at all via our website checker here?

As this will inform if your speeds are part of a known issue or if something is happening directly with your equipment.

Joe