Menu
DNACowboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to Virgin M500

Hey All,

Seeing as how I've been with the company since it was NTL I want to take advantage of the M500 broadband speeds; however, customer services tell me that the service is only available in a very expensive package. With this in mind, is there any way I can obtain the full 500mb speed on my existing package? I am more than prepared to pay for the privilege............

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading to Virgin M500

Hi DNACowboy,

Have you tried speaking to the regrades department?

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days as this method is very busy, however VM are trying to answer within 24 hours

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Also, if  you are out of contract you might be offered a better deal by speaking to the cancellations team (Thinking of leaving us on the phone number above but options 1,1,4 and 4)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

500Mb/s is now available as standalone, call retention's, I got it months ago then went to 1Gb/s

DNACowboy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ NewApollo and JHUK

Thanks guys!

I'll try retention's.  👍

Jhuk: Out of interest, what was the price difference between M500 and 1GB?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to haggle, for me £2 extra PM from 350Mb/s to 500Mb/s recently then another £2 extra PM from 500Mb/s to 1Gb/s so I tripled my speed for £4 extra PM

I will not say what I pay in total PM as would be "shooting myself in the foot" but I do not have TV only Phone+BB (and mobile which is still separate for now) so not that kind of deal for having all 3 services.

0 Kudos