Menu
rimaskinas
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to Hub 3

Hello,

Ive been with virgin for about 20 years, Theyve always given me a great deal but never offered or mention an upgrade to the hub 3. Ive been paying £40 a month for either a 200mb deal or 350mb i cant remember specifically but the most ive been getting for the past year is about 90. This is slow compared to what i should have and i feel as if im getting ripped off, paying so much and not getting the basic standard. Ive tried to upgrade to the Hub 3 today by calling but i dont seem to get anywhere useful and ive tried reading community posts about upgrading but it doesnt help either. Im wondering if anyone knows a direct way i can get my upgrade to a hub 3 by telephone since that seems the only way you can contact virgin even though its not very useful.

thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to Hub 3

What Hub do you have? I have the SH2 and have never used it's wifi. If wifi is the only issue (are ethernet connections good or poor?) then consider getting your own better quality wireless equipment

That said, ou could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4’s (there may be a small delivery charge).

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then it usually means you are on an old package that the computer can’t recognise so they want to speak to you about it. Indeed they may have temporarily stopped the upgrades in favour of only replacing "broken" ones

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to Hub 3

If you subscribe to M350 you have to be supplied with a hub 3 or hub 4.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos