Menu
Cogs
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading Broadband Speed

When I renewed my Oomph bundle (for more money) the salesman told me that I was only given 350mb, rather than the 500mb that I had on the previous contract, due to there being some local issue with upload speeds - and when that was remedied my speed would “return to 500mb automatically”.

This conversation was as far back as October/November last year and I’ve had absolutely nothing by way of an update or the upgrade(restoration) to 500mb.

What is going on? I find it EXTREMELY unhelpful that it isn’t easier to simply chat or call someone at VM directly rather than have to do this nonsense - nonetheless we’ll see what good this does and I’ll keep an open mind posting this  

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading Broadband Speed

Best to ring VM on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading Broadband Speed

TBH I am not sure if the customer service even based in UK have a clue what they doing. 

I was discussing upgrade M100 to M200 Oomph via webchat and was offered the upgrade only £8 for adding 5GB SIM and speed boost from M100 to M200.

I thought that was a great value since I was already paying £8 for the same SIM with O2. So I called customer service and got through to UK based staff. The customer service telling me he cannot offer that deal and the webchat should not have made that offer 🙄

So I decided try again on webchat and no surprise was offered the upgrade for £8 and went ahead. New contract was emailed,SIM card received and speed was boosted overnight...all thanks to webchat.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos