Menu
hobojo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to M500 today - Anyone know what time it'll go live?

As per title, my upgrade should be live today, from the m350 to m500, the modem rebooted itself this morning like my email said it should, but speeds haven't increased. Is there a certain time they normally do these things?

Thanks for any ideas.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to M500 today - Anyone know what time it'll go live?

Can you acces the HUB and check the 'Configuration' tab, as this will show if the new speed has been applied?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Configuration tab onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

The info displayed will tell us the speed your Hub is set to.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
hobojo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0D192DE8-C432-4F81-B36A-7449D61B56BA.jpeg

 shows connection at 400meg

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Like this (I can't see the image)?

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID10077
Max Traffic Rate402500089
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

It means you are still on 350Mbps.

Try another reboot.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you copy and paste please, it could take quite a while before your image is authorised.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
hobojo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's it, thanks. Have tried another reboot and still the same. My account although shows contract start date as today, my services still show my old package. I'll give it till tomorrow and then try and get hold of someone if it's not happening, thanks all.
apj_uk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

You are in exact same position as me and a few others in the forums. I downgraded last month to remove the TV and phone and to keep Broadband and move up to the 500mb standalone broadband package from the 350mb package.

I too received an email last month to confirm it would all happen today and my new contract commences on 2nd August - nothing happened all day.

I contacted Virgin support at 7pm this evening via the Virgin Media app chat function and they had to manually sort it all. 

Not best pleased as when I log in to my account and it still says I’m on my old package. I’m also really unhappy at the speed. I’m connected via Ethernet and I’m barely getting 400-450mb. Prior to the move to 500Mb I was getting a solid 380mb via Ethernet and WiFi on the 350mb package.

0 Kudos
DerrickVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The reason yours will not have come through is because to remove tv and phone you are required to give 30 days notice for the cancellation of service's

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos