Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to Gig1 but still have m350 speeds

So last weekend I pulled the trigger on Gig1 via Live Chat as London has just been upgraded. I received my SuperHub4 on Thursday 12th Nov and installed it right away. 

I have not had any speed increase whatsoever. I have tried direct connection to the hub via cat6 and cat7. I have tried it through modem mode (as I normally would use this). I have tried fast.com, speedtest.net and SamKnows realspeed. All of them will max out at 400mbps and the lowest I got was about 350mbit - all of which is what I would receive before the upgrade. It is rock sold at these speeds also.

The router control panel shows the following:

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Which definitely shows the max traffic rate is capped at 402mbit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Gig1 but still have m350 speeds

Try this ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then check the counts again in an hour or so.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have now done this and still looks like the same max rate on the hub panel. Will look in an hour but not gonna hold my breath. Feels like some config in the VM side is still set to m350.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What does it say on your online settings ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Which section?

If you mean this:

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, sign in to your VM account and it will tell you your contracted speed.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Says "Gig1 Fibre Broadband" on My Virgin Media and shows the same thing on the contract active as of the 12th Nov.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@spathx wrote:

Says "Gig1 Fibre Broadband" on My Virgin Media and shows the same thing on the contract active as of the 12th Nov.

You need to call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Called in and none of those options they offer would result in any kind of tech support. Either way I went through a problem with "My Virgin Media".. It said 30 second wait time but that was more like 10 mins. Either way better than the live chat wait time.

While on the phone with the lady, doing the security questions (speaking of, need to change that account password as I've no idea what I set that to lol) the router restarted and my mobile phone goes through my connection - so I get disconnected. 

However, when the router came back up the connection is now 1gbps so whatever she did fixed the problem. I'm getting 1.1gbps down on fast.com with 50mbit upload. I'm very satisfied with that.... I have rebooted the hub4 just to be sure it wasn't in some temp unrestricted mode and still getting nice fast speeds after the reboot. Hopefully this will continue. 

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spathx,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your new HUB 4 Gig1 service looked into, I am sorry if this was causing some frustration. But I am overjoyed to see that it was resolved and you're now getting the full 1Gig speed 😁 

If you feel it goes slower at any point, please check the service status to make sure its not an area outage. 

Also, I have two links that usually helps with general WIFI issues - 

Cant Connect

Slow Speeds

Intermittent Issues

But if these steps fail to resolve the issue, of course come straight back here and we will be more than happy to help!

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date!

Megan_L

0 Kudos