So last weekend I pulled the trigger on Gig1 via Live Chat as London has just been upgraded. I received my SuperHub4 on Thursday 12th Nov and installed it right away.
I have not had any speed increase whatsoever. I have tried direct connection to the hub via cat6 and cat7. I have tried it through modem mode (as I normally would use this). I have tried fast.com, speedtest.net and SamKnows realspeed. All of them will max out at 400mbps and the lowest I got was about 350mbit - all of which is what I would receive before the upgrade. It is rock sold at these speeds also.
The router control panel shows the following:
Primary Downstream Service Flow
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Which definitely shows the max traffic rate is capped at 402mbit.
Called in and none of those options they offer would result in any kind of tech support. Either way I went through a problem with "My Virgin Media".. It said 30 second wait time but that was more like 10 mins. Either way better than the live chat wait time.
While on the phone with the lady, doing the security questions (speaking of, need to change that account password as I've no idea what I set that to lol) the router restarted and my mobile phone goes through my connection - so I get disconnected.
However, when the router came back up the connection is now 1gbps so whatever she did fixed the problem. I'm getting 1.1gbps down on fast.com with 50mbit upload. I'm very satisfied with that.... I have rebooted the hub4 just to be sure it wasn't in some temp unrestricted mode and still getting nice fast speeds after the reboot. Hopefully this will continue.
Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your new HUB 4 Gig1 service looked into, I am sorry if this was causing some frustration. But I am overjoyed to see that it was resolved and you're now getting the full 1Gig speed 😁
If you feel it goes slower at any point, please check the service status to make sure its not an area outage.
Also, I have two links that usually helps with general WIFI issues -