cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded speed not applied

Trikiwiki
Joining in

I had someone from Virgin call me the other day as my contract was due to expire in a couple of months, tried to offer me the world which I didn't need, and eventually we agreed on paying (X) amount for the 512mbs line.

I was told that an adapter would be delivered today, but it's not need for the upgrade, it's only for landline phone calls (despite me not needing it (and hasn't arrived as promised anyway)).

Despite my router restarting itself the other day (a couple of hours after the phone call), my speed is still the same/slower than it was before the upgrade. Kind of feels like a kick in the teeth to be paying more for the same/less service when I would normally have shopped around a little, and know that there's people doing faster lines cheaper.

Can anyone solve this as all, or is it just a case of cutting loses and leaving during the 'cool down' period?

3 REPLIES 3

Trikiwiki
Joining in

Don't know how to close thread, but turns out despite router going through the actions of the upgrade, someone hadn't ticked a box so the upgraded speed hadn't been applied to the account.

Is working as it should now

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Trikiwiki wrote:

Don't know how to close thread, but <snip>

Just mark your post as answered.  This will "close" the thread as such.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey Trikiwiki,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’ve had with your upgraded speed, has the upgrade now been applied to your services?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L