Menu
Bchubb774
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded speed from 100 to 200 over the weekend, but Speedtest shows no noticeable increase

Hello, 

I upgraded to a 200mb connection over the weekend. But Speedtest (on both iPad, and Xbox) still seem to show the same speed (85-95 d/l, 5 u/l).

they are both connected wirelessly, but in the same room as the hub (we actually have a deco mesh wi-fi set up connected to it).

any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded speed from 100 to 200 over the weekend, but Speedtest shows no noticeable increase

Mine was upgraded within 24h overnight.

Check this tab on the router page.

sayekm_0-1612948776210.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Bchubb774
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded speed from 100 to 200 over the weekend, but Speedtest shows no noticeable increase

Hmm, thanks.

my status looks pretty much the same as that. 

but all speedtests are still coming back at 95 u/l and 5 d/l.

looks like I might have to disconnect everything and go back to basics. But that means finding a time when no one is using it...

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the confirguration file is showing same as mine, it should be high as 220 down and 21 up on Okla speed test off peak times.  Peak times is a different story unforetunately..lucky to get 10 up.

I can't comment how the games console uses the conection. Best way to check speed upgrade is connect a laptop with a decent quality cable direct to the hub3.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos