Menu
leeincivic
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded from m200 to m500 and no change?

Good evening all 

first post so thanks in advance for your help 

I have recently ungraded from m200 package to m500 package and there’s been absolutely no change to it’s speed. 

I have my superhub3 in modem mode and an Ethernet supplies a D-Link dir882

i did this a while back due to the sheer amount of Wi-Fi clients was overwhelming the hub (household of 6 all with iPads/iPhones/Xbox etc) these are not always ran at the same time but after changing to this setup it’s been spot on with speeds of between 150mbps to 190mbs constantly. 

so obviously I wanted that little bit more speed for gaming etc but it’s shown no difference at all. I have both live chatted and called support numerous times through today to no avail and even the last lady telling me “you should not have the hub in modem mode at all” would you be able to advise what I may be missing? They have said that I now have the 500mbps running to my house but it’s not showing any different via speed tests on both Wi-Fi and using Speedtest app on Apple TV 4 which is hardwired to D-Link router?

Please be aware I don’t class myself as illiterate when it comes to tech but I am definately not as clued up as a lot of you folk are on here haha 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded from m200 to m500 and no change?

If your upload speed is higher than 20mb you've been upgraded.  I would run a wired test from Virgin hub to rule out your own setup

0 Kudos
Bigdrumz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried powering down your D-Link dir882 also the hub 3 for 2 mins and removing any attached ethernet cables?
0 Kudos
leeincivic
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I have yet to try that. I have rebooted them but not tried unplugging the Ethernet also. 

0 Kudos
Bigdrumz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If that doesn't work try putting the hub 3 into router mode and doing a wired speed test. If you get full speed that would suggest that there's an issue with your D-Link dir882.
It might be a good idea to invest in a Wi-Fi 6 mesh system if you can't resolve the issue with the D-Link dir882.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @leeincivic

Can you reboot the hub for me so I can review the signal levels once this is rebooted please? I can then investigate further from here.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos