Menu
lewiement
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded from M100 to M200 - no change in speed

Hi,

I upgraded from the M100 to the M200 earlier on today, and although my upload has increased to the advertised 20mbps, my download is still around 95mbps wired and a little less when wireless. 

Should I wait a bit longer before I should see the increase in download? My hub settings do say it should be configured for the M200 after doing some research.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded from M100 to M200 - no change in speed

Are you using a Cat 5e cable or above when testing wired speed direct from the router to PC and has your PC got a 1Gbps capable network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
lewiement
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have just realised I was using the wrong type of cable! Thank you for the messages however! 

0 Kudos