Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to M500 speed not changed

Hi All,

I am having an issue (thought I was going mad). Upgraded a couple weeks ago to M500, but speeds haven't changed, am hitting peak 360mbps, never seen the speedtest needle jump higher than 400mbps once!

Any suggestions on how to fix would be awesome. I have the router in Modem mode with Deco M4 mesh network around the house. Speed tested on Mac 5Ghz connection to primary router, on the WiFi settings on Mac am getting a TX rate of 325mbps as I type.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to M500 speed not changed

The only reliable speed test is with a device connected to the hub (or primary mesh node) by ethernet. 

If you're measuring speed over wifi, then 300 Mbps is typical for a decent device.  And a mesh system is probably not the way to go if you do want peak speed over wifi - mesh is optimised for decent speeds as widely as possible, rather than being able to deliver peak speeds to a single device. 

Having said that, go into the Deco app, and add your Mac to the QoS list, that might make some difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos