Menu
Chrisjw72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade not happened?

Recently upgraded from 350 to 500Mbps broadband, but nothing seems to have changed with my speeds? 
with a wired connection I’m still getting about 250 most of the time. 

Spoke on the phone to support, they basically said “it is working” and I couldn’t get them to understand what the problem was. 

My online account is showing the 500 as my package, but it feels like they just haven’t flipped the switch to actually upgrade me. 

hub 3, getting the same results on several machines and WiFi, different times of day. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade not happened?

You can check by going into the Hub settigs and navigate to the "configuration file" page (or similar) then look in the two boxes labelled "Maximum Data Transfer Rate" (or similar) and see what they are set to - the numbers are in bps not Mbps !

Should be obvious if its on 350 or 500 (first digit will be a 3 or 5 !).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Chrisjw72
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade not happened?

Thanks. Checked and it was showing the correct speed. 
switched the hub out of model mode to rougher mode and it seems to have kicked it to the correct output. 

thanks. 

0 Kudos