Menu
baseer14
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade not applied (350 to 500mbps)

Hi

Recently we had upgraded our Broadband from 350 mbps to 500mbps. The update is showing on My Virgin Media, but have not noticed a change in the speed, I am yet to receive the speed boost.

Before i would consistently get near the contracted speed, 350mbps. Or around 250mbps average - this was connected via ethernet/WiFi. But on the days after the update I am still hitting the same speed.

We are connected to a Hub 3, and have tried the speed test on the 5G band and also ethernet. The speed is around the similar speeds prior to the update which leads me to think that the speed has not yet updated. 

I have contacted Virgin Media Customer Services who said (on Friday 25 June at 9am) an investigation will be launched as per the Ofcom Minimum Speed requirement, which when I called the next day the investigation was never registered or launched.

Is there something else i can try? is there a speed cap on the Hub 3? or another suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade not applied (350 to 500mbps)

Look in the Hub settings for the "Configuration Data' page. What numbers are showing in the Up & Down "Max Data Transfer Rate" boxes - these are in bps and not mbps?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade not applied (350 to 500mbps)

Hi @baseer14

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your speed upgrade, sorry to hear that your speeds have not improved since you upgraded.

I would like to take a look at your account to check that the upgrade has gone through, I was unable to locate your account from the information on your profile so I shall send you a private message for the details now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos