Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from 200mb to 350mb worse!

Hi Bluefusion, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Sorry that you're still struggling with this. It looks like you're back up and running now and everything is within range. It might be worth setting up a BQM so we can take a closer look at the performance of your network. 

Catch you again soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 12 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Okay I have setup a BQM as you suggested, but the problem is not resolved as every few days the only temp solution I have is to keep turning my router on/off!

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 13 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Started the BMQ, all working nicely for an hour or two and them suddenly a missive block of Red (Dropped packets)?

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.54.11.png

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 14 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update and BQM info, the solid red block element is known issue with the Hub reporting a false positive on the graph (assuming your connection was working at the time), a quick reboot normally sorts this (or untick IP flood detection in the Hubs security settings).

The smaller red icicles when the graphing was working as expected are more of indication of packet loss issues.

Checking your network segment I can see that there is an unusually high FEC count on one of your upstream channels which may be the issue here, I've flagged this over to networks for further investigation.

If you bump us here in a day or two we can check for any progress.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 15 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response!

I have turned off IP Flood detection as you suggested and restarted the router twice as you can see in the BQM below, but a short while after I just get a wall of solid red again!

Just to also mention my WIFI is still constantly dropping off!  My security camera and other devices are going on/off line all the time, with only a reboot of the router offering a short term fix before it happens again! All these issues have started since my upgrade from 200mb to 350mb, before ton 200mb I had no wifi issues!

I'm at the point where I think I need a router swap out or an engineer site visit!

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 09.35.21.png

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 16 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Okay after several restarts it now seems to be capturing the BMQ as shown here, although the devices going off line continues!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/905dafa0c245c0c54a45142e7f16003c8e...

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.39.09.png

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 17 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Giving you a nudge as requested? 
Any update?
Although the BMQ has gone back to a solid block of red again!

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@Bluefusion wrote: ....Although the BMQ has gone back to a solid block of red again!

Yes that "IP Flood Detection" fix can be somewhat problematic in longterm.   You can try toggling the. IPFD option on (DON'T FORGET TO APPLY), Power off the Hub for 5 mins,  then  after Power ON try deselecting IPFD again?

Personally I leave IPFD enabled  and simply use an alternative ICMP ping plot host like "F8lure@mouselike.com" to crosscheck  anyway.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Like a ping 1000ms apart is a flood! Might as well make it detect a TCP flood going to fast when downloading.

0 Kudos
Bluefusion
Dialled in
Message 20 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update please? My WiFi devices are STILL dropping on/off line since the 350mb upgrade in October! 

0 Kudos