cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, but not upgraded

Benville
Tuning in

I was recently upgraded from M200 to M500 by the retentions team. Was a wonderful service and I came away quite happy. This was on Tuesday 29th.

The free wifi mesh thingies just turned up today too, nice and quick.

My connection though is still stuck at M200 speeds, which I can see from the Network Status tab in the hub (Hub 4, by the way).

I've power cycled it numerous times, plugged it direct into my PC to eliminate the possibility it's the router, it's stuck at M200 still.

How long does this usually take to kick in? The lady on the phone in Retentions said 15 minutes, but it's been 4 days now.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin
2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do a pinhole reset first like this.... first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker/card are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker.

Then go into the Hub settings and navigate to the "Configuration Data" page - find the tables of "Max Data Transfer Rate" for Upstream and Downstream - what numbers are in there?

If they start 2xxx..... (in bps - not Mbps) then the upgrade has not been applied. Call in and find out why not. If they start with a 5 (or 6 - not sure!) it has .. and there is some other issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Benville,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you haven't been able to see a difference since you upgrade your Broadband speed, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like the change may have took place after your last post, how are things now, are you now receiving your new speeds?

Regards

Paul.