Menu
jsmith_00
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade From 350 to 500 No faster

Hi

Just had the Volt upgrade to 500mb form 350.

It shows 500 in my account setting however the speed tests when connected via ethernet are still only showing 360ish down.

I have tried this around 10 times at different times during the day and night and still the same.

Any one have any ideas?? 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade From 350 to 500 No faster

Check the conf settings on the Hub.  It will show what speed has been provisioned.

It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade From 350 to 500 No faster

Hi jsmith_00, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are yet to see the benefits of the upgrade. 

Checking the account I can see the upgrade was processed for you. Please try rebooting the Hub by turning it off and leaving off for a few minutes before turning back on. 

When running the speedtest, make sure the ethernet cable is a minimum of cat 6 as well as the network adapter on your PC/Laptop being set to 1GB. It may be worth rebooting the device in to safe mode with networking incase there is something running in the background. 

Run the check through speedtest.net and post the screenshot of the results here. 

Keep us posted. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos