Menu
JSkinner87
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unusable internet: Watford area

Hello, 

I live in the WD18 Watford area and the internet here has been practically unusable here for over 48 hours. A Speedtest shows that the download speed is fine, but the problem is with the upload speed (currently showing between 0 and 0.1mbps!)

This is happening for both wired and wireless devices. Restarting the router makes no difference.

The VM service status page doesn’t show any issues, but requesting a line test comes back with the message “We have detected an issue that may be affecting your broadband. This issue is caused by interference on our network impacting multiple customers in your area” 

...but there’s no further status updates, and it’s been like this for over 2 days now, and I can’t get through to anyone at Virgin to talk about the issue. 

Is there anything that can be done?

0 Kudos
DonBroco
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable internet: Watford area

Exactly the same here in the same postcode. 

Virgin Media problems page states there is no known problems in the area, then I run a test and it says there are known problems which are affecting multiple customers. 

Download speed is 208mbps but upload only 0.07mbps!

Impossible to get through to anyone, nightmare.

0 Kudos
jac771
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unusable internet: Watford area

The same issue here (WD18) from last day, automated response over phone customer care said that there is an ongoing issue that they are working on it, but no updates or ETA. My upload speed is 0.07Mbps! Tried reset restart and then reset router no luck.
Halp!

0 Kudos