forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Toms200
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unstable upload speed after upgrade

Hi.
I am having an issue with the upload speed after upgrading from supper hub 2 to superhub 3. I used to have stable 2.5MB/s upload speed, but now it is fluctuating between 1.9MB/s to 2.3MB/s.

Area code 12, Birmingham

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable upload speed after upgrade

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” like this...

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise.]

See if that sorts it - if not, post up the Hub data. If you are not sure how, just ask

Also worth a quick check for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Toms200
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

14/02/2021 19:23

The upload speed is capped at unstable 1.2MB/s like with the cheapest package virgin media has to offer, yet I have "M200 Fibre Broadband". Will give a try to reset the hub.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After doing the reset, post up the Hub stats like this.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Toms200
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have reset the hub.

µTorrent showed fluctuation between 2.3MB/s and 2.4MB/s upload and with periods of stable 2.4MB/s. It seems like it is getting better. I will wait a couple more days to see what is going on and if the upload speed doesn't level out, I will post the info about the hub.

Honestly speaking I preferred another broadband package where upload and download speed is even. An independent hu-man could come up with crystal technology that made speeds unlimited. Huh.....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am on the 200 package and I get ~ 21 Mbps Up.

You are reporting getting ~2.3MB/s which is essentially the same - i.e. full upload speeds....

Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 20.09.45.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What you asking for "asymmetrical fibre" and that's normally avaible on FTTP in large block of flats.

You getting full upload speeds on M200 and if that's too slow you should switch to another ISP that can meet your demand because Virgin is less than 10:1 ratio

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos