cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable speeds

adywady
Tuning in

After doing the usual turn it off and back on again routine coupled with full resets we are still receiving terrible speed variations 

Should be 200mps but varies from as low as  20 to more often than not around the 40-50mbps

despite “no reported issues” I know from my local social media community that I am not the only one that is experiencing this lack of service 

customer services have “run tests” and confirmed that it will improve in 24 hours 

well 24 hrs later and the service is still the same

i have done speed tests ant random times during the day and night and the results are all over the place.

does anyone have a cogent explanation as to why this is happening 

SN5 postcode if this is relevant 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are these problems evident on only wireless connections, or also on directly Ethernet-connected devices? Speeds are only guaranteed on Ethernet connections.

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I posted the above reply, but somehow the thread got de-merged and now re-merged. So in-case @adywady  didn't get notified of the reply....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @adywady

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to check on the above details that the very helpful japitts provided?

How is your connection now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs